Sunday, November 16, 2014
Dear Starbucks, after so long, I finally took a glimpse of the aromas bursting through the door, the atmosphere, the people, the lighting, the walls, the decor, the pretty tumblers sitting on the shelve and often the friendly baristas rushing back and forth. I finally held one of your pretty holiday cups and drank a sweet tasty drink, can't wait to try the rest of your holiday treats!
Dear Stress you seem to go away and come back as strong as can be. I try to ignore your existence in my life but it can be hard to do. You seep right through the cracks and when I least expect it all erupts. Or the other analogy I like, is feeling like I'm being pushed underwater and not being able to come up to take a breath. The hardest part is learning how to balance life and not letting you seep through those cracks.
Dear Date Night where have you been, where have you been hiding? I know where you have been, sitting on the back burner, that's where you have been hiding. I was so caught up in other things, things that are important but are not worth forgetting that you exist. I've come to terms and have decided to bring you back into my life because you certainly put a much needed smile on my face.
Dear Balance my body, mind, and soul need you. Realizing that "balance" is much needed in my life has been so hard lately. My body was aching, my mind was feeling burnt out, and my soul was screaming "slow down." I had to learn the hardest way to balance my life.
Dear Happiness after trying to balance life, dealing with stress and life I have learned that at the end of the day being happy and having the most important people in my life is all that matters.
I thought I would share a bit of my life lately. I guess this is my blog and it's okay to share how I feel. I guess one is always learning about ones' life and everyday experiences and I love that I can come here and reflect, it makes me feel better :)
How do you guys balance family, career, and life in general?
Just in case you missed it
You didn't miss a thing this week but you can check out some of my previous Sunday's letters!
Friday, November 7, 2014
// 3. Georgia Three Hand Stainless Steel Watch - Gold // 4.Jacqueline Three-Hand Leather Watch - Camel //
I have a thing for Fossil, I love their simplicity, clean architecture and timeless looks. I currently own a fossil watch and I absolutely love it, but I'm looking to expand my collection with one or more than one of my top 5 picks. If I could own all 5 of my picks I would be in heaven, they're just beautiful!
1. The Cecile has two of my favorite colors, rose gold and sand. This watch would match a lot of my wardrobe and it's something I can wear everyday. This is also a great transition piece from day to night wear.
2. The Chelsey is one of my top picks out of the 5 because it's so versatile. The straps are interchangeable and the website offers different colors, textures, and widths. The straps allow for the watch to match literally any outfit and I can wear this watch everyday as well, which is why this watch is one of my favorites.
3. The Georgia is also beautiful, it's simple and elegant yet it has a unique look and it's gold. I love that the face of the watch is big and simple. The straps look like a bracelet and I can just picture this watch paired up with other bracelets.
4. The Jacqueline is very similar to the Cecile except the Jacqueline watch has thinner straps and the face has a more casual look with the white background and the brown roman numerals. This is a great watch for everyday use but specially for those super casual outfits.
5. The Chelsey in Stainless Steel is also beautiful and it's all silver (stainless steel). The face is also elegant with multifunction movement and small details. This is a great timepiece that lends itself perfectly to day-to-night dressing.
If I had to pick, like I said, I would pick all of them because they're all different and unique timeless pieces. But realistically I can't pick all of them at the same time, I have to build my collection over time, so for now I would pick the Chelsey because it's so versatile and it has touches of gold. My second pick would be the Chelsey Stainless steel because it's a timeless piece, simple, silver, and it's a watch I can wear during the day and at night.
Which one was your favorite pick?
Do you have any suggestions for watches similar to these? I would love to see other options around the same price point!
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Great Friday!